SAS Travel Grants
In 2021, the Society for Applied Spectroscopy (SAS) will award two early-career scientists with a SAS Early Career Travel Grant to support registration and/or travel expenses to SAS' National meeting during the SciX conference in Providence, RI, USA. SAS defines an early career scientist as anyone who has graduated with their final degree (bachelors, masters, or doctorate) within the last five years. Grants will be awarded to Early Career scientists who demonstrate merit in the field of spectroscopy and/or those who demonstrate financial need. Submission deadline is June 15th and recipients will be notified by June 30th.
What You Will Get
Recipients will receive:
● $750 to support the cost of registration, travel, and/or accommodation at the SciX conference.
● A one-year SAS membership.
● A feature on the SAS website as follows: Name, affiliation, abstract, and a brief bio.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
● Must be an active member of SAS or apply for membership at the time of submission. Specific membership of the ECIG membership is not required.
● Must not be enrolled in a degree-granting program at the time of application and/or SciX 2021, i.e., current students are ineligible for this award.
● Must be presenting research carried out as an early career scientist at the SciX conference, i.e. applicants who wish to present findings associated with their undergraduate and/or graduate research will not be considered for this award. Preference will be given to those who have submitted an oral abstract.
Applicants should submit the following documents combined into a single PDF for consideration by June 15th.
● The scientific abstract detailing the research work to be presented at SciX. Please indicate if the abstract is intended for an oral or poster presentation.
● Curriculum Vitae (CV).
● One letter of recommendation from a supervisor, collaborator, or mentor.
● A one-page letter highlighting the applicant's accomplishments/credentials, their research impact on the field of spectroscopy, and any financial need.
A single PDF should be emailed to email@example.com by June 15th.
Reminder: Award applicants either need to be a current SAS member or they may join at the time of submission. Membership applications can be completed online.